Saturday, May 14, 2011

An enjoyable Saturday...

I'm finishing up a very enjoyable weekend, 18-holes at Twin Rivers, grilled some shrimp and a rib-eye, Scalloped potatoes, and the weather has been really unbelievable.

I was playing really well, felt like everything was clicking, birdied 14, the long, downhill par 3 and was +5 thru 14. But, on a short, tight, par 4, 15th, I somehow just completely shanked a 3-iron off the tee box and my round only got worse.

I was so stunned by the shot, I lost complete concentration and finished, triple-bogey, par (sand save), triple-bogey and triple-bogey. I haven't had a triple-bogey in my previous 5-6 rounds this year.

I can understand hitting a poor shot, even a shank, that's why I'm only a 6-handicap, bad shots happen, but I haven't had a meltdown like this in some time. I was still fine after 15, had a nice up and down 16 for a par out of the sand, but damned if I didn't top my tee shot on the easy par 5 17th hole. Ridiculous.

Oh well, there's another 1:30pm tee-time on Sunday. I have really been peaking over the past 3-4 rounds, but still not quite able to finish a round. Hopefully, I can do that on Sunday afternoon at Twin Rivers.

David Smoak

No comments:

Post a Comment