Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rangers, Texas Open, Melissa Jones, Perry Jones III

Let's start with the Rangers, currently 9-3 after losing their last two in Detroit, both in the bottom of the ninth-inning. Still a nice start and you get everything you can because who knows when Josh Hamilton might be out again? Well, he is, injuring his shoulder sliding home on a tag on a foul pop. Hamilton threw 3B coach Dave Anderson under the bus, horrible timing and just not sure what he was thinking, but frustration from the injury influenced an otherwise a pretty smart kid.

I was watching the first-round highlights from the Valero Texas Open and noticed Kevin Na got an unthinkable "16" on the Par 4, 9th-Hole. I wondered how that was possible until two things, one---I watched the highlights and his meltdown, and then I recalled a round I played at the very same course last summer covering Cowboys Training Camp. I came away from that round thinking I'd just played the most difficult course I've ever been on.

Kim Mulkey announced on Thursday night senior Melissa Jones will have an award named after her and no one will ever again wear Jersey #5, nice touch.

And, speaking of nice touch, the Perry Jones III Retribution Tour began on Monday afternoon when the freshman from Duncanville announced he'll return for his sophomore season at Baylor. Everyone immediately starting thinking about his impact on the men's basketball team in 2011-2012, I immediately thought his decision was a big middle finger to the NCAA. That's "MY" opinion, not Perry's, at least I don't think :)

David Smoak

No comments:

Post a Comment