Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finishing up my first year in Central Texas

Wow, I just can't believe my first year in the Central Texas market is almost done. It was one year ago this week when I was offered a job as program director at AM1660 ESPN-Radio. I walked thru the doors at M&M Broadcasters in Waco on Tuesday, June 22nd.

So, next Wednesday, June 22nd will be one full year.

I have some decisions to make with over the next 2-3 months, but I have absolutely loved my time here in the Central Texas area.

I look back at what we've tried to accomplish from re-establishing audio-streaming to our website to attending and covering special events, most recently the NBA Finals (Games 3, 4, and 5).

We've been able to do a lot, but as I mentioned to my staff this morning, we've set a higher bar into the future. And, that includes programming, coverage and sales.

Our owner, Gary Moss of M&M Broadcasters, has set the table for us with all the bells and whistles, frequencies, translators, equipment and new building and studio(s).

And, based on what I know from my talks with Mr. Moss, we have more coming up and I can't wait to see it through.

Thank you to anyone who has listened to our show, thank you to anyone who has given me feedback on our show or what we're trying to do.

I hope we can meet our own expectations, but especially yours.

David Smoak
smoaky@1660espn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment