Saturday, January 29, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

Paul, Zach, and I will leave for our coverage of Super Bowl XLV on Sunday morning. We'll check into our hotel, check in for our credentials and begin setting up our spot inside NFL Media Headquarters and Radio Row.

My first visit to Radio Row came in January, 1993, Cowboys vs. Bills in L.A.. Media Headquarters and Radio Row was inside the Century Plaza Hotel in Beverly Hills. I've been to every Super Bowl but once since that first visit and I have to say, it's been nearly impossible to match that first trip.

Super Bowl, L.A., Century Plaza Hotel, it was like my first trip to The Masters in Augusta, Georgia, "just take me now."

Radio Row is amazing, personalities, celebrities, current, former and future NFL stars, and a hundred plus radio stations broadcasting from Hawaii to Boston, from Seattle to Miami.

And, we'll be there for the entire show...

I'm more excited about watching Paul and Zach's reaction to the week than anything else.

I've pretty much seen it all, I think.

Another exciting part about this year is watching how my son, Craig, and his radio station out of Tyler react to their coverage. Craig's been to a pretty good chunk of Super Bowl's but no one else at his station has been involved, so their reaction will be interesting to watch too.

We'll have video, pictures, interviews, and blogs on 1660espn.com.

David Smoak

No comments:

Post a Comment