Saturday, November 20, 2010

What a HS football road trip...

Paul Catalina, Rich Richardson and I completed our 838-miles high school football broadcast road trip early on Saturday morning.

We left for Humble on Thursday morning at 10:00am and return to Waco at just after 3:00am this morning.

We saw a lot of good football and a lot of the Texas landscape.

I have to admit to sleeping in VERY LATE this morning and then got up in time to hear our son, Craig, and his broadcast of Whitehouse and their loss to Mesquite Poteet today in Corsicana, 24-19.

It was a very surprising loss for the Wildcats.

We're already working on next week's broadcast between Crawford and Idalou, Friday, 7:30pm in Clyde.

I'm watching a little college football this season and about to head to Floyd Casey Stadium for Baylor-OU.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm very excited about seeing the entire family late next week for Thanksgiving, we're just not sure where we'll convene, Tyler, Dallas or perhaps even here at my place in Waco.

David Smoak

No comments:

Post a Comment