Thursday, December 16, 2010

And the chemistry continues to grow...

It's always difficult to mix in someone new, and in my case, I was the new kid on the block when I arrived at 1660ESPN Radio in late-June.

There was a lot of speculation about decisions I'd make involving "You Make The Call" and I was amused at some of them.

Bottom line, here we are nearly six-months later and I've had a lot of people tell me they can sense and hear the chemistry and camaraderie that we've developed...

I have to give almost all of the credit to Paul Catalina and especially Butch Henry.

Butch has been apart of our show from it's inception, 13-15 years ago. And, although I made some subtle and not so subtle changes to our format---Butch has done a great job of "give and take" throughout the first six-months.

While he hasn't always agreed with my decisions, he's given me time to prove why I felt they were important and necessary.

It's like we've been doing a show for much longer and I can't wait to be involved with Butch and Paul every day. And, Jason Barringer, our young but talented producer has come a LONG way during the six-months. In fact, Jason has really taken control of the show (well, unless you hear everyone talk about me running late into the commercial breaks).

Jason was a shy, sometimes nervous young man when we promoted him to producer.

He's learning the ropes, very well and extremely fast.

There are a lot of bullets flying when you're hosting or producing a talk show on the radio--but Jason has taken some of those bullets and gotten back up and kept fighting.

He's going to be very good, if not already.

David Smoak

No comments:

Post a Comment