Thursday, December 2, 2010

Man, this week has flown by...

Last week seemed quick because of the Thanksgiving holiday, but this week is almost over and I don't know where it went.

I've enjoyed it by watching two good basketball games at the Ferrell Center, the Lady Bears beat Notre Dame on Wednesday, Bears wrapped-up a win against Arizona State earlier tonight.

And, there's still a weekend of high school football playoff action, and the Big 12 Championship Game.

I'm a lifelong Nebraska football fan, but I'm one of the few that was upset when they decided to leave for the Big Ten. But, it's time and they have one game left and I can't think of any better team to play than former Big 8 rival, Oklahoma.

I noticed the Sooners are favored by about a touchdown, and that doesn't surprise me. As a 'Huskers fan I'm concerned about their lack of firepower without a healthy Taylor Martinez at QB and Niles Paul at WR. I don't know who will stretch the field without Paul, even though he's had a case of the drops in some of the bigger games.

Nebraska is going to have to pound the rock and slow down the game like they did a year ago to beat OU. I can't imagine Landy Jones playing worse than he did up in Lincoln.

But, since my wife Cindy and son Craig are both huge OU fans, if the 'Huskers are going to lose I'd rather it be to the Sooners. But, don't get me wrong, I won't be a happy-camper.

I know a lot of has been written about the 'Huskers wanting to win even more so because they're leaving the conference.

No, I completely disagree.

I think it's about breaking a long drought, a way too long of a drought without a conference championship!

David Smoak

No comments:

Post a Comment