Monday, October 11, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

Well, just wrapped-up my first full day back in two weeks following my illness.

I have to say, I'm not 100% but feel good about putting in a full day.

My voice continues to be a little weak, but that will just take time and a few shows under my belt.

It was nice to see everyone at the office today, stayed busy with interviews at the BU football press conference so I wasn't there too much.

It was Butch Henry's birthday so Paul and I surprised him with a little "birthday love," and I mean this...I hope I have the same sharp mentality, health and energy as Butch when I'm his age. He's amazing.

The hardest part about my return is dealing with the fractured ribs, hard to deal with the on and off stinging pain when I'm standing up during the show.

I'm sleeping with a heating pad at night, feels much better, but I can't walk around everywhere with a heating pad...that would be considered a little weird and where am I going to find the electricity?

I have a couple of stick-on heating pads, might use one tomorrow.

Proud to say we're having another big month on 1660espn in sales, everyone is hammering away at what could be another record month.

I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier but we're moving to a new location sometime this month. My office is basically empty at sometime last week while I was gone, Tony Loomer Moving Company (inside joke) decided my desk wasn't useful for now and it's gone as are some bookcases and a few other items of need.

Oh well, the off-white, dingy plastic folding table matches the color on my walls.

I did spend about an hour on Sunday going through a lot of old folders that I didn't know existed...99% of it was no longer needed and so the office is lighter in more ways than one.

Watching Brett Favre and the Vikings look awful against the NY Jets and based on tonight's performance the Cowboys are very fortunate their MUST WIN this Sunday is against Minnesota.

I don't even know if Favre will finish the night much less be available against Dallas. Favre's been awful, two fumbled snaps, bad throws. Cowboys are about to catch a huge break. I think Randy Moss has handled the ball once, on reverse and throw to Favre that was called back for an ineligible receiver down field.

I'm not sure if a Cowboys win only delays the inevitable or helps them get kick-started.

Just watched another Vikings three-and-out. And, the Cowboys think they have problems?


Smoaky

2 comments:

  1. Broke ribs??? When? How? Hadn't heard about this, I've had them a couple times, most recently a year ago, had ten broken in an auto accident, lady ran a red light and t-boned me, my side. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, apparently early on in ICU while I was coughing my lungs were so full and there wasn't anywhere for the air to go and it had to expand somewhere...ribs, fractured...just going to take a little time.

    I cannot imagine having more than 1-2 fractured, much less the pain of ten broken.

    Ouch.

    ReplyDelete