Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Never thought I'd see the day, ...

After being a Rangers fan since before they were the Rangers, I always wondered if I'd see the day when the Rangers won a post-season series.

I still remember how good those teams were in the late-90's, but this 2010 has now set the standard, beating Tampa Bay 3-games to 2, and winning all three games on the road.

At least, Rangers fans will see their team again for a minimum of two games against the Yankees.

I was a Rangers fan while growing up in the late-60's, my father was working at the Pentagon and we lived in D.C. from 1967 until the summer of '71 before moving to Texas, right before the Rangers did.

I loved Frank Howard, the 6-8 powerful home run hitter...the Senators were terrible but I listened to their games every night on my transistor radio.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment