Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting closer...

It's been 48-hours since I was released from the hospital and I am feeling stronger, but still have work to do.

My wife Cindy and our daughter Jennifer have taken me on a couple of errands to play a little catch-up with banking, etc...and believe it or not, just getting some fresh-air and sunshine was wonderful.

Best moment on Tuesday, Cindy and Jennifer took me out to China Spring H.S. so I could gather some information for Friday's radio broadcast for Gatesville-China Spring. As I was talking with Coach Bell outside of the field house, an assistant came driving by in a gator and I stopped and said, "hey, take me for a ride."

He did...about 2-minutes circling around part of the campus.

Something so simple, but something I cherished.

Cindy and I stopped by Dubl-R Burgers today, I wanted her to taste a double-double.

I haven't had a fat-burger in 6-weeks...I couldn't finish mine, but it was juicy and very good.

I have a couple of errands on Thursday and a doctor's appointment on Friday morning for a checkup.

My goals...

Stop by for a segment or two of You Make The Call on Thursday...especially to insure my high school picks are MY high school picks. I was dominating Butch, Paul, and Jason and they asked our promotions director, Casey, to make my picks last week. I'd never gone worse than 6-2. Casey doesn't know the difference between Gatesville and Kingsville. She went 4-4 and all of a sudden my large lead is a little shaky.

Needless to say, my friends pulled one on me last week...I'm ready for that segment this week.

I might just accidentally walk in during that segment on Thursday.

And, I continue working on the spotter boards for Friday's game...and other prep work.

I'll try and drop by China Spring on Thursday to interview Coach Bell for our Friday Coaches Show and the pregame segment.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment