Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Bob, Bob, Bob...."

Well, spoke with my father earlier tonight and mom was actually sitting up and although her voice is raspy from the tubes, she's doing much better. Still monitoring a few things, but she was smiling a little bit today.

Only inner-circle family members will know what I mean when I say the next sentence.

When she sits up and starts barking out, "Bob, Bob," that means she's back.

My three brothers and I have heard that for more years than you can imagine.

It's almost an automatic deal with my mom because if she ever needed something she'd yell, "Bob," and damned if my dad wouldn't come immediately asking what she needed.

Our father's first name is "Robert," but we think "Robert" was too long for her to bark it out, so she cut it to "Bob."

I promise you this---she says, "Bob," in her sleep...I know she does.

It's great to be able to joke about it now, because 2-3 days ago it was touch-and-go.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment