Monday, September 20, 2010

Cowboys, BU, split right down the middle...

We heard from a couple of Cowboys analysts today, Brad Sham, "Voice of the Cowboys," and Jennifer Floyd-Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Both had their take on this week at Valley Ranch following 27-20 Bears.

I also recorded a 4:00+ segment with Coach Briles on their disappointing performance at TCU in Fort Worth.

There were two specific questions I wanted to ask to some of his answers over the weekend.

Coach Briles mentioned his team playing hard, but being basically overwhelmed from the beginning. Believe me, no one is more upset about it than he is...but TCU just came out and sent missiles at TCU's defense. Coach Briles also said he didn't understand why TCU came out with "something to prove."

I didn't expect anything less, but honestly, I also thought BU would come out breathing fire.

Game, set, match.

TCU is much better right now, more talent, established program and if you play them you better bring a lot of emotion because the 'Frogs always play with a chip on their shoulder.

Thanks to all of the calls, from Austin to south Dallas and the email messages too---we had a couple on the line at the end and wish we could have gotten to them too.

We'll be back at it tomorrow from 3pm-6pm, Butch is back, he was out today with a funeral in Stephenville. Butch and I spoke at length on Sunday afternoon about the Baylor game and he'll have plenty in the holster on Tuesday.

I thought what was soreness from walking more and more at night, has turned out to be some kind of bug, so it's NyQuil for me in about 2-3 hours. I have too much to do to be sick, but I might lose that battle tonight.

Just heard from Brownwood AD/Football Coach Bob Shipley, he's sending me my game broadcast information on his program tomorrow, I'll work on that tomorrow night.

We're not at Don Carlos for the next 2-3 weeks, trying to find a better setup within their restaurant, back at their place sometime in October.

Have a great week...

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment