Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blog #100

Well, spent almost all day here at my place working on wrapping up the weekend, adding and editing scores to our various links and websites.

1660espn.com, smoaky.com, and this blog.

Also, contacted dozens of coaches for our "Player of the Week" promotion and we've already lined-up and posted our "Game of the Week" information.

Started working on my next high school football broadcast, Glen Rose @ China Spring. Spoke with Mark Bell at China Spring and Glen Rose head coach Tommy Dunn.

I start to compile stats for both teams from last week, update depth charts, work on some intangible information for the broadcast, and I'll interview Coach Bell later in the week.

Just posted our entire Week 1 schedule on 1660espn.com and my website, Smoaky.com. I'm now including both greater-East Texas and Central Texas.

I'm working on who to select for the Player of the Week promotion and Paul Catalina is working on who won our Fuddrucker's Pick 'Em contest.

I don't know for sure, but Paul, Butch Henry, Jason Orts and I picked nine games last week on "You Make The Call," and from what I can tell my record was 8-1, missed the Mexia-China Spring game.

I watched the final round of the PGA Tour's "Barclay's" and feel for Martin Laird for not finishing up his lead on 18, but I'm a big fan of Matt Kuchar. Looks like Tiger is playing himself back into shape and getting a little closer and closer. He had the great opening round (65) but really slapped it around in round 2 and 3. He played much better today.

Still not sure what to think of the Cowboys loss in Houston...I HATE PRE-SEASON NFL FOOTBALL, but as I've said many times before, it's a necessary evil.

About the time I'd get concerned about a team during the preseason, they'd start 3-0 or 6-1, and about the time I thought a team was playing well during the preseason, they'd start 0-3 or 2-5 and then miss the playoffs.

I give up trying to figure out any team from the preseason.

Rangers are flirting with disaster after losing two of three to the A's this weekend. still lead AL West by 7 1/2 games....but they could have put the A's away had they swept or won two of three.

But, let's put things in perspective.

Rangers are 73-57, A's are 65-64.

Rangers have 32-games remaining, if they finish 16-16, Oakland would have to win 24-9.

Not impossible, but not realistic.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment