Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first true frustration...

I've been incredible calm during the first 6-7 weeks here at 1660ESPN, and mainly because the transition for me and those around me has been pretty flawless...so far.

We've accomplished a great deal, including some behind the scene work as we work towards the high school broadcasts.

However, after recording an interview with Baylor wide receiver Kendall Wright, I dropped off my laptop for a tune-up, it's been sluggish.

Well, I was hoping to come straight back to the office and get some work done, but somehow, sometime while I was at Cowboys Training Camp---my hard-drive in the office was switched and ALL of sudden a lot of my bookmarks and information we've been compiling is gone.

I think this is where I'm supposed to insert a smiley-face :)

I'm not smiling.

It was an honest mistake by someone within the office, but I sat at my desk for three hours this afternoon while Zach, Tony, and others tried to re-establish my information, email and whatever else is in a computer.

Well, things happen, after closing my door and yelling a few unmentionables to myself, I'm fine with it.

Hopefully, my laptop will be available by Friday and my life as I know it will be saved.

What I have learned---I/we/perhaps you depend way too much on our iPhones and computer access.

Now, I'm going to end this blog entry and slice my wrist knowing I lost three hours of valuable time today.

In the past, there were times an explosion would've occurred, but I'm all grown up now and I only yell and scream and say bad things to myself.

Pray for me...

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment