Monday, August 30, 2010

Time continues to fly by...

What a great, busy and productive day.

Spent time with a couple of prospective sponsors and even went to see one after the show with Terry Tacker.

Today was all about two things...

1) Art Briles first weekly press conference for the upcoming game against Sam Houston State. BU SID's and Coach Briles agreed to give me about 5-minutes following each session and I also secured interviews with senior safety Byron Landor and senior left tackle Danny Watkins.

2) Tweaking and cleaning up the opening week of the high school football season. I made some mental notes from Thursday's first game broadcast through late last night. Some changes or tweaks on technical issues, some on formatting and one or two others.

I had some quality time discussing how we get better this week and improve on last week with Zach, Paul, Tony, and Jason.

We will get better, including me putting them in better position to win.

I don't think anyone can imagine how much information is crammed into our system the week or two before our first high school broadcast. It's almost insane, but we do it because we should and because we love it.

This week should be a "little" easier but still have work to do.

I'll spend an hour or two tonight doing some paperwork for the rest of the season. Actually, simple things, but adding all the paperwork, stat sheets, rosters and more so everything is bundled together and each week I just pick up a stack and everything we'll need for the week and a Friday night is right there. I'll put together 15-18 bundles.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment