Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Update on my mother...

When I left this morning to pickup credentials at Valley Ranch, I packed 3-4 days worth of clothes and a suit.

But, somehow---thank God, my mother's health has improved since this morning.

It's dramatically better, but she's still not out of the woods and will remain at the hospital at least another night.

It's amazing how many things run through your head when you're so far away and unsure of when to make the decision to get on a plane and be with my family.

My father, who absolutely positively adores my mother and dotes on her was very concerned this morning, as he should have been.

Come to find out they diagnosed my mom with pneumonia and that's usually not good for anyone, much less an 80 year old woman.

The doctors also discussed she was so weak that she suffered a "minor heart attack."

A "minor" heart attack is when it's someone else.

Somehow or another she had no collateral damage from the setback, but I knew I'd be in Tampa by tonight.

My brother Michael called me right after lunch as I was leaving Cowboys Headquarters and said things were looking up...and I should wait.

So, I raced back to Waco to host our afternoon talk show at Don Carlos Mexican Restaurant and Cantina.

I received a text from one of my brothers that her condition strengthened while I was on the air and that was a huge relief.

I received a handful of text messages and email from friends in greater-East Texas who are reading this blog, and I appreciate them.

Meanwhile, I had dozens of text messages or email come throughout the day from people here in Central Texas, and 90% of them I'd never met----but they were nice enough to contact me and wish my mother the best.

That meant the world to me.

I'm headed to China Spring HS tomorrow to get information for Friday's broadcast against Glen Rose. I'm expecting information from Coach Tommy Dunn and use tomorrow night to tweak and work on my depth chart and spotter boards.

I voiced a few more promo billboards today, and started the day with Account Exec Terry Tacker at Vitek's on some possible business.

I've heard all about the "Gut Pack."

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment