Friday, August 20, 2010

The final relaxing weekend until Christmas...

Believe me, I can't wait for the start of the football season, game broadcasts, shows with all the guests and attending games, but this is the final opportunity to relax for a little bit and then hammer away next week.

It's Friday night, I'm watching "Tombstone" and working a little bit on our website(s), adding some information.

I think it's time for me to enjoy a Crown & Diet Coke, but I need to watch what I'm eating and drinking with the start of my diet. I'm in better shape than in quite some time, but I need to lose another 25-30 pounds. It will be very difficult, so any encouragement is appreciated!

Damn, I'm already craving my favorite late night snack, chocolate ice cream.

Okay, focus Smoaky, focus.

I'm about to start working on our opening high school broadcast between West and Lorena.

I'll work on West, then Lorena sometime this weekend. And, then sometime on Tuesday, I'll get into the Mexia vs. China Spring broadcast.

We still have a tremendous amount of behind the scenes work to do, but we'll get it done.

I'd like to thank so many people for making my time in Waco very enjoyable. I know some of my decisions aren't 100% popular, but based on the feedback by email and in public, people are feeling more-and-more comfortable with our philosophy.

I had great meetings throughout the week with Butch Henry, Paul Catalina, Zach Burke, Jason Berringer, Rich Richardson, Terry Tacker and our GM-Bill LeGrande.

I met some very loyal listeners at the 1660ESPN Radio Fantasy Football Draft on Tuesday at Don Carlos---it was nice to put faces with voices.

I've been to a lot of towns and cities since arriving in late-June, and I can't wait to get to more places as the football season begins.

Okay, back to the laptop, while hoping to enjoy one of the best weekends possible.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment