Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From this point forward it's, "The University of Midway"

I dropped by the Midway H.S. football practice this morning, spoke with Coach Gambill and visited with a couple of players.

I'll discuss their talent WR/S Shakiel Randolph in a moment, but from this point forward, I will refer to Midway High School as, "The University of Midway."

I don't know if I've ever seen a more impressive campus and I've visited hundreds during my time in radio and television.

The campus itself is great, but the sprawling practice fields for all sports, not just football, even the large area where the band was practicing--and even with all that--it's the massive athletic complex and football stadium off to the distance that is pretty intimidating.

So, from this point forward, it's, "The University of Midway Panthers."

Now, to Randolph.

Coach Gambill introduced him to me after their first break of practice.

Randolph is 6-5, 190, and runs a 4.5 forty, and more impressively, he's 19th in his junior class of just over 500 and holds a 101 GPA.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment