Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just returned from "Meet the Cougars"

After wrapping up our show this afternoon I drove to China Spring for the annual "Meet the Cougars" rally inside their gym.

It was absolutely packed with dozens of people lined up in each entrance.

Incredible energy and it just made me think there are over a thousand schools around Texas doing this in their gym on the football field tonight or throughout the week.

Texas High School Football is just something special, nothing like it, and although yes---other stats have caught up and are loaded too, I'm no different than most anyone else this week, ready to get it started.

Paul Catalina and I are broadcasting from Waco I.S.D. on Thursday night, Lorena vs West on 1660ESPN and then we're off to Mexia on Friday for China Spring at Mexia.

Tom Barfield and Johnny Tusa will do the Robinson games again this season, they start in Alvarado.

I saw Coach Tusa tonight at the China Spring rally, his daughter is the head coach in cross country.

Well, I'm about to finish off my fourth and final day of "Diet Coke Free," and not really sure how I'll react in the morning.

I'll either stick my mouth under one of those convenient stores soda machines, or perhaps...just not think about it.

Ha...I'm sucking down a diet coke at some point tomorrow.

I also checked my weight at the Metabolic Research Center today, lost two pounds in less than four days. Not a bad start.

Just watched the Rangers polish off a nice win against a solid Twins team, Felix with another save.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment