Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to the "Greatest Role Model Ever."

My father turned 82-years old today, and despite my own faults in life, no one could ever ask for a better role model in life than my father, Robert V. Smoak, Sr..

I've said and written this every year, he's the ultimate Officer and a Gentleman.

He graduated from the Naval Academy in 1953, and moved his way through three-plus decades in the military. He retired as a Lt. Colonel in the USAF.

He and my mother have been married since 1953, and they're amazing together.

My mom is outgoing and loud, my father, quiet and cerebral...however---I think he's finally learned how to answer my mom when she yells out, "Bob, Bob, Bob?"

I think he's using his age as an excuse for not being able to hear....LOL.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment