Saturday, August 28, 2010

Got a lot done today...

After a late night with high school football, slept in a "little bit," but went straight to several errands.

Went by the station for about an hour and printed and gathered a ton of information for our various "Player of the Week" nominations...and updating the schedule for next week.

Also, and FINALLY, went by Sedberry's Furniture and bought chair for me to use at my big desk at my place.

I've been sitting on these chairs I bought at Augusta National but my back was starting to hurt from bending over so I'm set now. Not sure why I waited so long to get a decent chair, just been busy.

Okay, after getting great news on my weight loss, I was VERY tempted to eat something out of my diet late last night, but stayed pretty steady, big salad, lots of fruit.

Went by HEB and picked up some groceries for the next few days, it's amazing how much cheaper things are when you don't by a lot of junk food.

Salad, block cheese, Melba Toast, Water, Fruit, Veggies and a couple of other items.

I used to buy a case or two of diet coke everywhere I went, I didn't even sniff the soft drink section.

Now, having said that, I have a bone-in Ribeye in the frig for tonight but not going to load up the baked potato.

Also, plan on dropping by Salty Dog for a couple of cold one's and watch the Cowboys first half, but want to get back in time to watch the ESPNU High School Game at 9:00pm between Tyler Lee and Euless-Trinity.

Most NFL preseason games should be pretty entertaining for 2-3 quarters this weekend because it's their final true tuneup and dress rehearsal before most of the backups and those getting cut play next week.

It's a great ladder for football season, high school games started this week, college next week, NFL in two weeks.

I'm watching San Antonio Madison playing Cibolo Steele on ESPN right now.

Watched some of the PGA Tour's "Barclay's" today, Tiger couldn't sustain Thursday's great round and had to grind it on today's back nine to put himself in position to play next week.


Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment