Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The week that fly by...

I don't know if I haven't updated this blog in a few days because I forgot or because I'm too busy to remember.

Wow, another week flies by and it's Wednesday of this week.

We had an absolutely tremendous turnout for the 1660ESPN Fantasy Football League Draft, 120+ people packed into Don Carlos Mexican Restaurant tonight...and everyone went away with their "Team of Destiny."

Special thanks to our commissioner, Steve May for putting everything in place and also to Account Executive Rich Richardson for making sure it happened in the first place.

We had a great time, also appreciate the on-site support from Paul, Butch, Terry, Jessica, Zach, Bill, Becky and Linda.

We're 8-days away from the opening night of the high school football season and I've told Zach and Paul if they get my "To Do" list done by Thursday evening, they can take Friday off---without using a vacation day.

Those two have busted their butts for me since I arrived.

We have a 6:00pm meeting on Wednesday to discuss "everything-H.S. football" including sales, formats, logs, billboard, promos, broadcast crews, equipment, coaches shows, and whatever else I didn't mention.

It will be nice to make sure everyone, including me---is on the same page.

Also, thanks to A.J. at Rudy's for agreeing to feed all of us during the meeting. I've known A.J. from when he ran a Rudy's in Tyler, great guy and very supportive.

Meanwhile, we had three new sponsors join our list of newbies in the past 24-hours, and that doesn't include one or two others we received confirmations from over the weekend.

The momentum continues and I think we're just one analyst segment away from being sold out.

Well, got a morning meeting with another potential sponsor, BU football practice at 10am and then back to the office.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment