Saturday, July 31, 2010

Back from Camp, ready for the long and fun stretch...

Drove back from Cowboys Training Camp on Friday, co-hosted a remote with Butch Henry from Gatesville promoting their Rodeo and now catching up from being gone for a few days.

Got a lot done around my place this weekend, trying to actually make it look like someone lives here, pictures, etc. Not sure my neighbor has been thrilled with a little hammer noise here and there, but I did everything during the afternoon.

I spent most of Saturday night visiting, prospecting and talking with potential and current sponsors, including my first trip to Diamondback's, a very nice steakhouse.

Account Executive Terry Tacker served as my host for 3-4 stops...I think we made progress on a few additional on-site appearances.

Right now, we're pushing three specific sponsorships, including the Cowboys game broadcasts, our weekly analyst segments (Brad Sham, Jay Ratliff, Mickey Spagnola, Tim MacMahon, Jennifer Floyd-Engel, Big 12 Hour), and of course---our high school football broadcasts and scoreboard show.

I got a full night sleep on Friday night, watching SportsCenter right now, another very nice win for the Rangers, winning 2-1 in Anaheim and it was so nice to see Rich Harden put a good outing together.

If he gets it together with Lee, Wilson, and Lewis pitching well...no one will catch the Rangers in the AL West. They may not do that even if he doesn't pitch well.

I'm contemplating a round of golf on Sunday, but might just chill out throughout the day.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment