Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jerry's backpedal comes too late...

I couldn't believe my ears or eyes when I saw and heard the Jerry Jones comment to Chris Mortenson on the Dez Bryant ankle injury.

On Friday, following Bryant's injury, Jones brought up the possibility the receiver may have been worn down from heaving training camp work, making him susceptible to an injury.

What?

How about throwing your coaches under the bus and then pampering a rookie before he's ever caught a pass.

I guarantee you some coaches did a double-take when they heard those comments.

I know Bryant is a great talent and a first-round pick, but---come on, he's still a rookie. Overworked, are you serious?

On Saturday, didn't change his comments but tried to clarify that he wasn't questioning his coaches.

"I'm not being critical," Jones said after Saturday morning's practice. "What I'm being is analytical, or trying to be analytical.

"This is when you all sit down and look at everything you're doing and see if there's some things you can do to help protect your team better, especially during this time five to six weeks away from the opening game."

Jerry, you jumped the gun, you jumped your coaches, and you're pampering another wide receiver.

David Smoak
smoaky@1660espn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment