Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Open Championship wore me out....

I haven't always gotten up early to watch the live coverage of The Open Championship at St. Andrews, but with Tiger Woods teeing off just after 3:00pm central time--I had my alarm set and watched his entire round, except his opening tee shot and approach shot on #1. He looked more comfortable today than in a long time, made some nice 20+-foot putts and missed a couple in the end, but he's in position to be involved.

I think Rory McIlroy is amazing...21-years old and fires a 63. I didn't get to see any of Phil Mickelson's round, but obviously he struggled with +1.

The break on the weather has always been a big factor, but it should even out when the tee times are flipped in Day 2.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit being surprised to see John Daly's start, -7 thru 11, and his finish near the top at 6-under.

I got a little second wind about mid-morning when we picked up another Cowboys Training Camp sponsor, but I'm on empty right now.

Just finished a show with Butch and Paul, Butch is headed for a well-deserved vacation, Paul starts one next Friday, and I leave for Cowboys Camp that same day.

We continue to try and win a little something good every day and keep adding to the big pie.

Uh oh, wanted to get a nice dinner, get back to my temporary home and CRASH tonight.

Just received a text from others at the station, "Hey, we're at Salty Dog--come join us."

I can't resist...I'll be there if I don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment