Saturday, July 3, 2010

Enjoying a quiet Saturday night in Tyler...

Well, started the day fixing a few things up at the office at 1660ESPN, and then met Quan Cosby at his appearance at Salty Dog.

What an absolutely good young man.

There was a large crowd there even before he arrived at noon, and then a bunch of young kids showed up as well.

Salty Dog owner, Randy Crook, was very pleased with the turnout and we'll be working together on some future appearances.

I also saw our co-host Butch Henry at the appearance too.

Meanwhile, I drove back to Tyler after talking with Quan and it's been nice to unwind a little bit.

Just finished cooking a couple of steaks for my wife Cindy and I. She's watching a couple of shows on the Food Network and I'm returning some email and adding to this blog.

Our son Craig and his girlfriend Mandee have been at some friends house watching the Lesnar-Carlin UFC fight...and Craig just called and said Lesnar, "proved himself tonight--coming back from being in big trouble in the first round."

Depending on the weather, I'm hoping to play a round of golf at Hollytree Country Club on Sunday.

Our daughter Jennifer returns from being out of town tomorrow and so we'll have a big evening cooking out, relaxing, and enjoying the time together.

I mentioned this earlier, but we won't be on the air until Tuesday----we're broadcasting an afternoon baseball game and then a Rangers game on Monday evening.

We have a nice lineup working for Tuesday...

Have a great 4th of July weekend.

Smoaky

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, Smoaky. I really enjoyed the show this past week and I now look forward to our local show every day. Keep up the great work.


    Brandon

    ReplyDelete