Tuesday, July 27, 2010

San Antonio Memories

I live in San Antonio on two different occasions, once for my 6th and 7th grade years, and then after four years in Japan, we returned to San Antonio right before my senior year in high school.

I attended Universal City Randolph H.S. on the Air Force Base and loved it, played for the great Bob Mickler, among the best coaches in Texas H.S. Football history. He's among the top 25-30 in all-time wins, and among the best in winning-percentage.

I have always loved San Antonio, think it's a very underrated city. I was having lunch with a friend today who mentioned something about San Antonio and how they couldn't believe how big it was----it's very large, and spreading out on the edges.

San Antonio is a Spurs town, but I heard Jerry Jones also mention 97% of all NFL fans in San Antonio are Cowboys fans.

I also have some emotional memories here as well, my longtime friend, Col. Greg Brodman is buried at the National Cemetery at Fort Sam Houston, as is his wife, Diane.

Greg died suddenly in 2005 of a heart attack, and I'll never forget receiving the call about what happened.

His wife, Diane died a couple of years ago.

Smoaky

No comments:

Post a Comment