Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday, July 1st:

Just wrapped-up another show with Paul and Butch.

I thought we'd get a little more feedback on the Rangers being put up for auction, but we called an audible and discussed a "Mount Rushmore of College Football Coaches," and had some great feedback.

I think we'll continue that for a segment in each of the next few shows, changing the list each day.

Butch is coming up with the group tomorrow.

I'm also working on Baylor commit, Daingerfield OL/DL Donald Bryant for Friday's show, and Quan Cosby as well. Cosby is doing an autograph signing at Salty Dog, 12:00pm-2:00pm on Saturday. We've also lined-up former Cowboys Player Personnel Director Gil Brandt.

My son and his girlfriend are on their way in from Tyler, looking forward to seeing them. They're on vacation this week--both are also in the radio business. Craig co-hosts an afternoon sports talk show in Tyler, Mandee is a very popular DJ on one of the highest-rated stations in the Tyler/Longview market.

I'm headed back to Tyler for a day or two this holiday weekend to see my wife, Cindy, and our daughter Jennifer is supposed to be back from her workouts in Dallas. She's trying out for the Mavericks Dancers at the end of the month.

And, then-back to Waco sometime on Monday.

I hope you get a chance to drop-in for a little bit on Friday or any weekday between 3:00pm-6:00pm.

I've really, really enjoyed my first few days here in Waco and I think we're slowly but surely getting some things done.

Smoaky

2 comments:

  1. Who would have ever guessed that Terrence Newman would be such a dry interview? That was tough to listen to. Keep up the good work, I might have to make it out to Don Carlos one afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we cant all be Baylor grads, those Kstate people dont know how to have fun! Im kidding!

    Smoaky speaking of great Baylor interviewees when is JSmoove (aka Jason Smith) gonna be back on... man that guy needs his own radio show!

    ReplyDelete