Friday, July 2, 2010

Wrapping up the second week on 1660ESPN.

I'm here at the desk on a Friday evening returning email, working on next week and ready for a nice holiday weekend.

I hope everyone enjoys their time with family and friends, cooking out, BBQ'ing, playing golf or heading to the Lake.

I'll be heading back to Tyler on Saturday afternoon and then returning with a few more things for the long haul in Waco.

It appears as if I finally found a nice play to stay until we make more concrete decisions on where to live.

I feel good about our first two weeks and my first week on the air with Butch and Paul, but we still have to keep grinding away at some gremlins.

I cannot thank the people around Waco enough for the hospitality in making me feel comfortable these first few days.

I've met some really good people, eaten at some great restaurants, enjoyed some camaraderie at a couple of sports bars...and yes, I'm still trying to figure out who designed the streets in Waco...

Ha, couldn't resist.

I think we made tremendous progress on our commitment to audio-streaming, the website, and podcasts--with a nice announcement coming next week on the online streaming.

I'm headed to eat some pizza with John McClain and some media friends in Waco tonight and then hopefully get in a round or two of golf this weekend.

Enjoy the 4th and please be safe.

Smoaky
smoaky@1660espn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment