Friday, July 9, 2010

Programming decisions, decisions, decisions...

One part of being the program director is taking calls, receiving email from numerous sources of programming.

Since we're an ESPN affiliate, we have plenty on our plate to fill the 24-hour cycle, plus the John Morris Show and our three-afternoon sports talk show.

But, it's nice to have options through various distribution centers, CBS/Westwood One has always been a solid network to use for college broadcasts and the NFL.

There are others, Sports USA, Sporting News Radio, among 10-12 others.

I always look at every option very seriously because there are some good new shows, but the hard part is telling someone "no," which I had to do today with some options in front of us.

I've never had the opportunity to run a 24/7 full-time sports station so this is exciting to have so much inventory available.

Obviously, we are committed to what we must run through ESPN, but I have a vision to one-day add another local talk show, perhaps in the morning, who knows?

Smoaky

2 comments:

  1. A morning show would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from Dallas, but now live in Waco. I really miss my 1310 The Ticket morning show!

    ReplyDelete